Thursday, January 10, 2013

A mother's legacy. What we leave behind.

I am often amazed and truly saddened when I hear of stories of children (and adults) that have been abandoned by their own mothers. I cannot even begin to fathom the pain and the emptiness that is left for those children to bear.  Confusion? Why me? What is wrong with me? Why did my mother leave me and abandon me? Many times there is addiction, mental health issues (which usually are combined,  just compounding the pain) but that does not justify this at all.

I have never been and never will be a perfect parent, not even close. I have raised my two children with a firm but loving hand, they know (at least I hope they do) that my love for them is unconditional and never ending, that no matter what, I would never choose anything over them and I would gladly take any pain away and place it upon myself.

I believe that as a mother the legacy we leave behind is what we teach our children, no matter how young or old we are we all need our mothers. Who else can hold you and make your tears go away? Who else can know what mood you are in just by hearing your voice over the phone? Who else has the perfect words of advice? Even if we do not want to hear them or acknowledge that they are wise, especially between the ages of 12 to 25?

I hope the legacy that I leave in this world continues to live through my children. I can only hope and pray that what I have shown them both by my words, actions and love will linger in their hearts forever. If you have children, hold them, love them, praise them they are a gift for such a short period of time and then they become adults and the circle of life begins again.
Keep sharing the LKB = Love+Kisses+ Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment